Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Summer 2009

Since I miserably failed at keeping things updated as the summer went along, here is the summary/recap.

The summer started off quite busy. We were out of town 3 of the 4 first weekends (graduations, Women of Faith, etc.). Then not long after was 4th of July. Almost every weekend away, at that point, had been to Bryant's parent's house in Columbia Falls. One weekend was a three-day when we took our little truck up a snowy mountain and slept in the back (since we were in bear coutry). It was nice and cozy :)

Over 4th of July we went floating on the river. His mother, Jackie, and I shared a raft and enjoyed the weather. The boys (Bryant, his two brothers, and dad) all floated along on personal pontoons fishing. We brought lunch with us and ate as we floated. It was a really relaxing, fun day.

Not long after, we bought a 12 foot aluminum boat with a 4 hp motor just for fishing (we got a great deal). We took the boat up to a nearby reservoir or lake a few evenings a week and some weekends. We only caught a few fish, and only kept one. It tasted delicious.

August started off with a weekend visit from Bryant's parents. Bryant and his dad went backpacking over one night, while his mom and I hung out around town. The following weekend was our trip down to Colorado, which specifically included the baby shower. While the trip down took forever and was full of little mishaps, the vacation itself was quite relaxing. We got to spend time with my parents, sister, relatives, neighbors, and of course the little nephew, Theo. It was a great trip and we got lots of wonderful gifts from those who attended the baby shower.

Since then, we have mainly been gearing up for school and doing some early prep for the baby. No, we still have not named him (a surprisingly hard decision). Bryant will be taking a full load this semester including his Senior Design while he is also working his 15 hrs a week with the MDT. I, on the other hand, will only be taking one credit and growing a baby. Our furniture should be arriving in the next week or two at which time I will transform the office/storage room into the office/storage room/baby room. Should be quite the task of organization, and I am completely up for it.

School started this week. I have seen some old friends and helped Bryant's brother, Austin, move into the dorms for his first year at college. At this point, I am just getting really excited for Baby to be here!

*I apologize for 1. not updating for pretty much the entire summer, and 2. not getting pictures of all our adventure. We continually forgot about bringing a camera with us until we were already on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment